POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : US Brig Niagara WIP : Re: US Brig Niagara WIP Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: US Brig Niagara WIP
From: Tim McMurdo
Date: 17 Oct 2003 04:10:01
Message: <web.3f8fa3a99f57b1a99a303f820@news.povray.org>
Marc Jacquier wrote:
>Wow great!
>so you got bezier patches for sale? lol what's the price?

Er... Sail! I have never won any awards for my typing or spelling!

>>Now you want suggestion: If your ship sails following wind as the flag
>shows, is it normal that the Royal sail is hauled taut this way?.
>I never skipped that sort of  rig but it seems to me that is should be
>released (don't know the right word)

Thank you very much for your comments. Here is where my ignorance shows
through. I have never sailed & this shows. Let me see if I have this right.
The flag and the large topsail show the wind blowing from aft while the
Spanker sail (the one the flag is attached to) is rigged fore and aft.
Should this sail be rotated so that it is pointing abeam of the ship? Say
rotate it 45 or 60 degrees to port?